The Center for Information Technology in Education (CITE) was first established in 1989 within the University of Houston College of Education. CITE is located on the third floor of Farish Hall in the 300N suite of rooms.
Our team contributes to the success of our college by providing the following services:
- Computing and multimedia environments;
- Computer and Equipment support;
- Web services;
- Hardware/software recommendations, solutions, upkeep, or repair;
- Consultation and support for Instructional Design;
- Training on academic software and technology;
- Informal hands-on training to users on the use of computers;
- Core and non-core technology application programs and ad-hoc programs;
- Support to the academic public regarding intrinsic operating systems problems;
- Administer the local area network for the college, including the installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrading of the LAN;
- Insure compliance with university and division policies and procedures regarding network/computing acquisitions;
- Collaborate with administration and campus leaders to implement information technology support services; and
- Facility planning and maintenance
For assistance feel free to stop by the CITE Help Desk, call 713-743-9833, or learn more by reading about our services.