Many faculty have received international recognition for their work in a wide range of areas. Federal and state agencies that currently provide funding for our research activities include NSF, NIH, AFOSR, ONR and others. There also are some research projects funded by corporations. The department has a large graduate program and hosts at least 5 post-doctoral researchers each year.
An indication of current research activity of our faculty may be inferred from the seminar listings. The following is a listing of some active research groups.
- Complex Geometry and Complex Analysis
- Dynamical Systems and Ergodic Theory
- Financial Mathematics and Statistics
- Frames, Sparsity and Image Analysis
- Functional Analysis and Operator Algebras
- Mathematical Biology
- Numerical Analysis and Scientific Computing
- Partial Differential Equations and Applications
- Stochastic Processes and Applications