The History of Western Civilization
What everyone should know about history:
1. History begins with written documents; before writing exists, we're dealing with pre-history.
2. Therefore history begins in different places at different times.
3. In Europe, history began when ancient Greeks adapted the Phoenician alphabet for writing their own language in the 700s BCE.
4. Subsequent events in Western history are conventionally divided into three major ages.
5. The Common Era Calender*.
6. Our pre-historic/pre-literate past is enormous. The stone age* lasted many times longer than all of history put together.
After you finish the history module, take a quiz* to test yourself!