FY2019 Scholarship Application
In honor of the memory of Rodger Peters, a University of Houston (UH) alumnus, a dedicated Staff Council member, and his commitment for the betterment of UH, this scholarship provides opportunities for UH staff members to develop their skills through a degree program or job-related course(s). This scholarship rewards those who demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence and a potential to succeed. Staff Council provides two $2,500.00 scholarship award that will be awarded in one semesters at $1,250.00/semester at UH.
In order to be considered for the Rodger Peters Staff Scholarship, recipients:
- Must be employed in a full-time, benefits-eligible position at the UH for at least two years as of March 1, 2018.
- Must be a student in good academic standing or a newly accepted admission.
- Must demonstrate a strong commitment to the University in two areas: service and staff excellence.
- May not be a recipient of Rodger Peters Staff Scholarship award for the previous two consecutive years.
- Recipient may not accept any other Staff Council and Women and Gender Resource Center Scholarship Award for FY19.
Each applicant shall submit an application packet containing the following information by Friday, May 4, 2018. (Incomplete packets will not be reviewed).
- Completed application.
- All college transcripts. The transcripts do not have to be official copies, but these copies must be legible.
- Typed essay (maximum one page, double-spaced, 12 point font, no exception) explaining your professional objectives and a personal statement regarding why you believe you should receive this scholarship.
- Two letters of recommendation. Letters should be as specific as possible.
There are two methods to submit the application packet. The deadline for either method is 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 4, 2018.
- Complete and submit the online application form below and together with supporting listed above to email@example.com in MS Word or PDF format; or
- Download the scholarship application and mail completed application together with supporting documents to: Scholarship Committee, Attn: La’Tandra Semiens.
If you have any questions, please contact Jacqueline Chee, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 713-743-8725.
SELECTION & DISTRIBUTION PROCESS:
- The scholarship is credited to the recipients’ UH academic account when proof of registration is received.
- The scholarship is credited to an academic course (not audit or continuing education) for UH credit during FY19 (Fall ’18, Spring ’19 or Summer ’19).
- The scholarship recipient is invited and asked to attend the President's Awards Luncheon (date to be determined).
- Any recipient who cannot utilize the scholarship should notify the UH Staff Council Scholarship Committee. The recipient must still be employed by the University on the first day of class the scholarship is to be awarded.