Department of Biology and Biochemistry
Office: Science Teaching Laboratory Building, 108B
Contact: email@example.com - (713) 743-2646
Education: Ph.D., Agra University, M.S., Agra University, B.S., Agra University
Effects of stress on circulating levels of catecholamines in the American eel, Anguilla rostrata, and chick embryos; Effects of heavy metal intoxication in different piscine species under laboratory conditions; Pathophysiological studies on pancreatic islets and experimental diabetes.
- Epple, A., Gower, B., Ten Busch, M., Gill, T., Milakofvsky, L., Piechotta, R., Nibbio, B., Hare, T. & Stetson, M.H.: Stress responses in Avian embryos. Amer. Zool. 37:536-545 (1997)
- Gill, T.S., S. Porta, B. Nibbio & A. Epple: Conjugated catecholamines in the allantoic fluid of the chicken embryos. Gen. Comp. Endocrinol. 96:255-258 (1994)
- Gill, T.S. & A. Epple: Stress-related changes in the hematological profile of the American eel, Anguilla rostrata. Ecotoxicol. Environl. Saf. 25:227-235 (1993)
- Gill, T.S., G. Leitner, S. Porta & A. Epple: Response of plasma cortisol to environmental cadmium in the eel, Anguilla rostrata. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. 104C:489-495 (1993)
- Epple, A., T.S. Gill, & B.J. Nibbio: The avian allantois: A depot for stress-released catecholamines. Gen.Comp.Endocrinol. 85: 462-476 (1992).
- Gill, T.S. & A. Epple: Impact of cadmium on the mummichog, Fundulus heteroclitus and the role of calcium in suppressing heavy metal toxicity. Comp.Biochem.Physiol. 101C:519-523 (1992).
- Gill, T.S., C.P. Bianchi, & A. Epple: Trace metal (Cu and Zn) adaptation of organ systems of the American eel, Anguilla rostrata, to external concentrations of cadmium. Comp.Biochem.Physiol. 102C:361-371 (1992).
- Gill, T.S. & A. Epple: Effect of cadmium on the plasma catecholamines in the American eel, Anguilla rostrata. Aquatic Toxicol. 23:107-117 (1992).
Selected for the following programs:
NIH Individual National Research Service Award at Department of Anatomy, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia (1990-1992)
NIH National Research Service Award at Department of Anatomy, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia (1989-1990)
Fulbright Fellowship: Sponsored by U.S. Council for International Exchange of Scientists, Washington, DC (1985-86)
Indo-German Academic Exchange Program: Sponsored by Germany and University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India (1984-1985)
Indo-UK Young Scientist Exchange Program: Sponsored by British Council and University Grants Commission, New Delhi, India (1980-1981)
Organizations, Outreach, Boards, Memberships:
Member, Health Professions Advisory Committee, University of Houston (2011-2017)
Member, Development Committee, Department of Biology and Biochemistry (2012-2016)