Phronesis Minor Academic Requirements
Listed below are the requirements to graduate with a Phronesis minor in politics and ethics. All students in good standing at the University of Houston may request to add the minor.
- A minimum of 19 semester hours of approved coursework
- Foundational Course: ENGL 2361/HON 2101
- One course from an approved block of political science classes
- One course from an approved block of philosophy classes
- Two 3000-level courses from an approved list
- One approved 4000-level course
- A minimum 3.0 minor GPA
- 6 hours of coursework may count toward major
- Courses must be Honors sections or approved for Honors credit by director
- A minimum of 9 advanced hours must be taken in residence at the University of Houston
The Phronesis minor is available to all students, both those already members of the Honors College and students who are not members of the Honors College. Students who are not currently members of the Honors College and plan to complete a minor in the Honors College may apply to and join the Honors College to be eligible to graduate with Collegiate Honors. For additional information on graduation with Collegiate Honors, review the graduation requirements and contact the student services office (713.743.9010 or email@example.com) to speak with an Honors advisor.
After completing the form below, you will be notified within 5-7 business days of the status of your request.
Apply here for the Minor in Phronesis: A Program in Politics & Ethics.