Medicine & Society Minor Academic Requirements
Listed below are the requirements to graduate with a Medicine & Society minor. All students in good standing at the University of Houston may request to add the minor.
- A minimum of 15 semester hours of approved coursework
- Foundational Course: HON 3301: Readings in Medicine & Society
- A selection of four elective courses taken from the approved list
- A minimum of 12 hours must be taken in residence, 9 hours of which must be at the advanced level
- A maximum of 6 hours of approved transfer credit may be accepted upon approval of director
- No more than 6 hours of student’s major may apply toward the minor
- A minimum 3.0 minor GPA
The Medicine & Society minor is available to all students, both those already members of the Honors College and students who are not members of the Honors College. Students who are not currently members of the Honors College and plan to complete a minor in the Honors College may apply to and join the Honors College to be eligible to graduate with Collegiate Honors. For additional information on graduation with Collegiate Honors, review the graduation requirements and contact the student services office (713.743.9010 or firstname.lastname@example.org) to speak with an Honors advisor.
After completing the form below, you will be notified within 5-7 business days of the status of your request.