Over the course of her working life, a woman earns roughly $1 million less than a man…SIMPLY BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN
$tart $mart is an interactive AAUW workshop designed to give college women the confidence and skills they need to earn fair compensation
How you negotiate your first salary can affect your pay for life!
Friday, April 29, 9am – 12pm
- $tart $mart Salary Negotiation Workshop for UH Students
- Agnes Arnold Hall, Room 210
- FREE to Female UH Students
- Especially Seniors & Grad Students
Space is limited
To RSVP or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-743-3214
Co-presented by the Women's Resource Center and Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies Program.
$tart $mart prepares college women who are approaching the job market with the confidence, knowledge, and skills they need to negotiate salaries and benefits. This three and a half hour workshop is a collaboration between AAUW and the WAGE Project.
When students leave the $tart $mart campus workshop, they learn
- how the gender wage gap affects their lives
- how to develop a personal budget to determine salary needs
- how to benchmark salary and benefits
- how to negotiate for their first salary out of college
According to AAUW research, just one year after graduation, women earn just 82 percent of what their male counterparts earn, and the gender wage gap widens over the next 10 years.